Burn Permit Information
For information regarding burn permits, please visit the DNR Burning Permits page.
The Fillmore County Sheriff's Office deals with each citizen complaint fairly and factually. Individuals who wish to file a complaint are encouraged to read through the Citizen Complaint Procedure carefully. To file a complaint, please print and fill out the Citizen Complaint Form and return to the Fillmore County Sheriff's Office. For more information or for questions, please call the Fillmore County Sheriff's Office at 507-765-3874.
Fillmore County Sheriff's Office Fee Schedule
The Fillmore County Sheriff's Office has proudly been offering the DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) Program to Fillmore County youth since 1991. The participating schools include Rushford-Peterson, Kingsland, Mabel-Canton, Fillmore Central and Lanesboro. The program starts at the 4th grade level with a condensed version of the DARE curriculum. A more complex version is offered at the 6th grade level with a 10-lesson curriculum.
The Fillmore County DARE Program is fully funded by donations. The donations are used for curriculum and graduation materials. If you are interested in donating to the Fillmore County DARE Program, you can send donations to the Fillmore County Sheriff's Office at 901 Houston St.; Preston, MN 55965. Please make checks payable to Fillmore County DARE.
If you would like more information on the Fillmore County DARE Program, please contact the Fillmore County Sheriff's Office at 507-765-3874.
Fingerprinting services are provided at the Fillmore County Jail. This can be done by calling 507-765-3874, opt. 2 to speak with a jailer to set up an appointment. Most appointments can be made the same day. The cost to have fingerprints done is $20 - payable by cash or check. Be sure to bring a photo ID and any special fingerprint card you have been issued.
- Gun Permit to Carry applications can be dropped off in person at the Sheriff's Office Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Gun Permit to Purchase applications can be either dropped off in person or mailed to: Fillmore County Sheriff's Office, 901 Houston St. NW; Preston, MN 55965
- Gun Permit to Carry fees are as follows:
- $100 for a new permit
- $50 for an active or retired military member
- $50 for active first responders
- $75 for renewal if before current permit expires
- $85 for renewal if within 30 days of expiration
- Please call 507-765-3874, opt. 3 with any questions
Southeast Minnesota Violent Crime Enforcement Team