If you live in a mail ballot precinct
If you have applied for an absentee ballot:
- Your ballot will be mailed to you on or about September 28, 2020. Along with your ballot, you will receive a postage paid envelop to return your ballot by mail. You may also drop off your ballot with Courthouse Security in the Courthouse Lobby during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- If you have not received your ballot by mid-October, please call the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer's Office.
If you intend to vote by absentee ballot but have not applied yet
- There has been a high volume of applications for absentee ballots for the general election. The Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer staff are working diligently to get absentee ballots mailed out and your patience as we process and mail ballots is greatly appreciated.
If you wish to pre-register to vote before the November 3 election:
- Please apply as soon as possible!
- You can apply online by clicking HERE or by calling or visiting the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer's Office at 101 Fillmore Street, Preston, MN. For more information or for any questions, please call 507-765-3811.
- Please be aware that the final day to pre-register to vote is Tuesday, October 13, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- You can register to vote online by clicking HERE or you can visit the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer's Office at 101 Fillmore Street, Preston, MN.
- If you miss this deadline, please do not worry. You can still register at your polling place on Election Day by providing a valid ID.
The Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer's Office will be OPEN on Saturday, October 31st from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.