Adult Services


Adult Protection
An Adult with a serious and persistent mental illness as defined by Minnesota statute qualifies for Adult Mental Health case management services.  Case managers can provide support, coordination of therapeutic serves and medication, assistance in accessing transportation, and informant and referral.  Additional services can be provided if the person qualifies for a Medical Assistance (MA) Waiver program or CREST funding.

Collaborative Resources Education Services and Technology (CREST)Adult Protection
Reports of vulnerable adult maltreatment are screened within 24 hours.  If the report meets the criteria of Maltreatment and the person meets the statutory definition of a vulnerable adult, an adult protection investigation will be initiated. Social Workers will determine the vulnerable adults’ safety, level of risk, strengths, and on-going needs.  Adult protection services will be provided if determined necessary.  In some cases, Social Services will involve the court via a Guardian/Conservator petition if deemed necessary.

Adult Foster Care Licensing
Single adults or couples over age 21 who are interested in becoming foster parents for vulnerable adults should contact Fillmore County Community Services.  The county will assess both the physical requirements of the home, and the applicant’s ability and willingness to serve as a resource for adults with mental illness or developmental disabilities, a federal background check and training are required.

Chemical Dependency
A person seeking help to overcome addiction may qualify for funding for inpatient or outpatient treatment services.  Eligible individuals are those who meet the income guidelines for Medical Assistance (MA) and who have had an approved Chemical Dependency Assessment (also called a Rule 25 Assessment). 

Developmental Disabilities
Individuals with a full scale IQ below 70 qualify for case management services from a developmental disabilities social worker.  Occasionally individuals with IQ’s over 70 may qualify if they have a related condition.  Case management services include advocacy, information, referral, and monitoring of services.  Additional services can be provided if the person qualifies for a Medical Assistance (MA) Waiver program.  Waivered services can include foster care, respite care, employment supports, independent living supports, transportation, environmental modifications or adaptions, equipment and supplies, and some other specialized services as needed.

leaf leaf