- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - MFIP is a combination of both cash and food assistance. It is a work focused program with a goal of helping families move towards self-sufficiency.
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP) - DWP is a four month work program that provides services and supports for “work ready” participants to move them into a job and hopefully avoid long term dependence on cash assistance.
- General Assistance (GA) - GA provides monthly support to single adults and childless married couples who are unable to work.
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) - MSA provides monthly support to people who are elderly, blind or have a disability and who receive federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) - RCA provides cash assistance to refugees who are ineligible for Supplemental Security Income or Minnesota Family Investment Program for up to 8 months after arrival in the United States.
- Housing Support (HS) - HS provides payment for room and board costs for low income adults who have been placed in a licensed or registered setting with which a county human service agency has negotiated a monthly rate.
Application Process & Guidelines