- Calculates and collects taxes for school districts, townships, cities, and special taxing districts
- Prepares and mails tax notices
- Collects current and delinquent taxes
- Disburses tax collections to proper taxing districts
- Tax Forfeiture Sale
For more information refer to the Property Tax section.
Vital Statistics & Licensing
- Birth and death certificates - Please click here for see more information
- Notary Commission
- To obtain a Notary Commission, go to the Minnesota Secretary of State Web site at: https://notary.sos.state.mn.us
- When you receive your commission card, you will need to register your commission at the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer's office if this is your resident county.
- Fee: $20.00 check/Money Order/Cash payable to Fillmore County
- NOTE: Failure to register with your resident county may result in a civil penalty fee (usually larger than the county recording fee) imposed by the Commissioner of
the Department of Commerce of Minnesota, who is responsible for the enforcement actions pertaining to a notary's misconduct
- Minnesota Marriage licenses - Statute 517.08
- This is a License to be married within the geographical boundaries of the State of Minnesota.
- License is valid for 6 months. (Non-refundable)
- Photo identification required
- Both parties requested to be present at the time of application or 1 may apply and a supplemental form sent to the party not present.
- Certified dissolution documents if either party has been divorced
- Fees: check/money order/cash payable to Fillmore County $115.00 or $40.00 if documentation provided by educator that the parties have received at least 12 hours of premarital education per MN Statute 517.18.
- Prohibited Marriages MN Statute 517.03
- Note: There is a 5 day waiting period from the date of application. For concerns or to discuss how to obtain a 5 day waiver, contact the Auditor/Treasurer's office at 507-765-3811
- Marriage Certificates
Application - click here
Fee – check or money order or cash (if in person) payable to Fillmore County. $9.00 per certificate
Application and fee may be mailed to:
Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer
PO Box 466
Preston, MN 55965
Note: Marriage Licenses may be purchased in any county to get married within the state. Where ever the license was purchased is where the certificate resides and a copy must be obtained from.
- Precious metal
- For application requirements and fee inquiries, contact the Auditor/Treasurer's office at 507-765-3811.
Election Administration and Voter Registration
- Conducts and supervises all county elections
- Maintains and manages voter registration records
- Prepares ballots and provides elections supplies to voting precincts
- Trains election judges
The Auditor/Treasurer's Office is responsible for the processing of property transfers in Fillmore County and obtaining the State Deed Tax. We also accept Electronic Documents and ECRV's.
A copy of a recorded document can be obtained from the Fillmore County Recorder's Office.